About Public Service & Mentoring
Barrett & Assoc. Engineering supports Education
and Oregon's Students.
And we encourage Community Involvement, in general.
To that end, we encourage our Employees to participate
in any constructive community endeavor they may choose
(within reason), and we give them the time to do it.
In recent years our Principal Engineer has participated in a variety
of ways, including:
- Participation in various Veterans' activities in local high schools
- Mentoring in local elementary schools ( the SAE's A World In Motion program )
- Training as an ABET 2000 Evaluator representing Industry
- Professional Engineers of Oregon, Vice President
- Oregon IEEE Consultants' Network, Webmaster
- Oregon IEEE Consultants' Network, Chairman
- Oregon Society of Automotive Engineers
(SAE), Program Coordinator
- Service Technician's Society of Oregon (STS), Treasurer
- Sponsoring local high-school student(s) during National Engineer's Week
- Assisting the OSBEELS ( Oregon State Board of Engineering & Land Surveyoring )
- Neighborhood Council activity
- Work at the Polls during elections
(when Oregon still had Polling places...)
- Work with Oregon's legislators on a Veteran-related bill and related matters
If we each do a little, we'll all benefit; and no one person will have to do it all...